Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 days before Christmas...

Today has been a little hard. I feel bad for Steph...dealing with everything that's going on with the business plus what's going on here at home. It's taking it's toll on her and I wish there was more that I could do to help.

Decided that a little surprise wouldn't hurt. She asked me to do a few bits and pieces of cleaning...so I cleaned the entire house. Made the bed, folded the laundry, finished the dishes, vacuumed livingroom, couch, and bedroom, cleaned the bathroom, swept bathroom and kitchen. Laundry is going, too. I feel pretty accomplished, and I hope it makes her day a little easier. I'm going to start on the meal planning as soon as I'm done with this. Probably won't go into effect until the first (when we will also be returning to the gym).

Today was less shaky than yesterday. Slowly recovering from the talk with my dad. Broke the ice with mom last night, too. I'm going to keep talking to her every day. It feels pretty good.

I'm a little nervous about starting work. I've never had a job where I was so...visible I guess. Going to be working in a downtown fixture. Hundreds of people are going to know who I am. That's kind of weird. I know I can do the job, even excel at it. Part of me wants to compete after a year or two...it really looks like a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment